Hey y’all! I’m still in disbelief that the year has come to an end. It started off pretty crappy for me. On the third day of January we buried my dad. And from there it didn’t get much better. But, there were some jewels along the way, and despite it all I truly thank God for keeping me sane and healthy this year because lord knows it was rough! So, I put together a list of things that made me smile just a little more in 2017. I even have a fancy little collage to give y’all a visual of the good stuff from the year 😊
1. I added a new Louis to my collection. And by collection I mean it was my second one. I started 3 years ago buying one splurge item a year to treat myself for being an amazeballs human being and for the last 2 years I’ve bought a new Louis. Looking forward to next year already! And no, it’s not the most important thing that happened all year, but it was the first thing that made me want to do a backflip in the new year.
2. I spent more time with my fav girl in the whole wide world. I wanted to try to make the transition now that my dad is gone a little easier for her, and along the way we had some adventures, including me getting my first speeding ticket!
3. I got some new ink to remember my dad. It says “…to the moon and back” because that’s what he’d tell me everyday and I can still hear him say it. It hurt like heck and I don’t remember that much pain 15 years ago when I got my first, but it was worth it and it’s a nice reminder of a great man who I’ll always miss dearly.
4. I went to Atlantis with my world travel partner Sara and her sweet daughter Olivia. We had a blast. And of course the Bahamas was simply amazing. I look forward to the next trip girls!
5. I went to my first fancy spa with my girl Nijjall. It was for my birthday and worth every penny. They keep bringing you champagne, what more can I say! I’ll definitely add more spa days to my calendar in 2018!
6. I met an amazing man and it feels good to be happy again! He’s a private person, so I won’t put him on blast, but I have to say he’s a big reason why 2017 didn’t suck so much!
7. Thanks to that man I just mentioned, and because my dad was the biggest Clemson fan I knew, I went to my first ACC football championship. It was amazeballs! And I have to say, I actually do enjoy watching football. Like not all day, but definitely when the Tigers are playing. I made it a point to keep up with them this year because I knew my dad would have. I just know he was smiling down from heaven when they beat the brakes off Miami! Go Tigers!!!
8. And last but not least, I’m even closer to my Tina Turner leg goals this year! I started doing squats each time I have to go to the restroom and also standing for most of the day at work. I do lots of leg exercises during the day and now I’m loving the results. Except for the larger calves from the calve raises. I had to return a pair of boots because my calves were too big! But oh well, my legs are looking great!
So yeah, a lot happened this year. The good, bad, and everything in between. But I’m super excited for 2018. The best is yet to come! Merry Christmas and Happy new year y’all!
Beautiful pics much deserved on ur guy wishing u nothing but happiness. U all make a beautiful couple.
Thank you 😊 feels great to be happy again!
Awesome read, I smiled while reading each update!
Thank you my friend. Miss you!
Reading this made me smile. So happy you’re happy!!
Awww thank you 😊
LOVE this post!! So proud of you and your perseverance!!! You deserve the very best. Love you heaps😘😘
Sent from my iPhone
Thank you my friend. You also helped me get through a rough year 😘
Kindra, you are a sweet young lady! Truly appreciate your desire to not give up on Love and finding it. I hope that you both reach the moon and back with love and stars in both your eyes.
I too lost my father this year and will definitely miss his presence this holiday, my siblings and I got together October for a fishing trip to pay homage to both my parents who are in heaven together now. It hurts not having them here, but I know they are in a better place and constantly look down and smile at how we are living life!
Girlie, continue to be the best you and you Tina Turner legs.
Love your enthusiasm for life!
Awwww thank you 😊 that’s so sweet that you guys did the trip together. I hope we can do something like that one day. Praying that you’ll have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!