It was a cool, wet, rainy weekend here in Charlotte thanks to Joaquin! Thank God we were spared any major flooding, but my home state of SC wasn’t so lucky. Please keep everyone being affected by the storm in your prayers!
Because I spent most of my time at home this weekend, and it was perfect comfort food weather I decided to make a big pot of veggie soup. And by big pot I mean enough to feed a small army! Seriously! I don’t know what I was thinking…
Anywho if you love veggie soup, you’ll love this quick and easy recipe! And the best part, you only need a few ingredients!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 bag frozen veggies (or soup mix veggies if you can find them.) My mixed veggies had carrots, corn, peas, and green beans. Sometimes I even dice a few potatoes to throw in the pot.
- 1 box macaroni
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can tomatoe paste
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef if you like)
- 1 small white onion
- Chop onion and combine with ground turkey. Also add your favorite seasonings to meat. I used Accent, onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- Brown ground turkey and drain. Set aside.
- In a large pot, combine crushed tomatoes, tomatoe paste, meat, and frozen veggies.
- Fill empty crushed tomatoe can with water and add to pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer for about an hour and continue to stir.
- Add macaroni and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Turn off the eye you’re cooking on and let sit but continue to stir.
- The pasta will continue cooking so be sure to watch to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
- You may find that you now need more liquid so add more water if needed.
- Taste and see if more seasoning is needed, if so add more.
That’s it! Simple and absolutely delish! When you make it, let me know what you think! My mom passed this recipe on to me, so thanks mom! 💋
Leave a Reply