On Sundays I like to make a meal that will last a few days during the week. This week’s choice was cheesy chicken spaghetti! I’ve made a different version of this in the past, but I wanted to make some improvements because the first time it didn’t wow me! This time, it came out perfect! So good, but definitely not healthy!
- 1 box cooked spaghetti
- 2 cans cream of chicken
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1 small cup sour cream. I used low fat.
- 2 cups shredded cheese of choice. I used a Mexican cheese blend. Save one cup for the top.
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 large or 3 small cooked and shredded boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Bread crumbs
- 1/4 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 tbsp dried parsley
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients except for chicken and spaghetti, cook for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture is well blended
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and then transfer to a baking dish
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and breadcrumbs to your liking on top
- Bake on 350 for 30 minutes
It turned out awesome, cheesy, but not too cheesy. I will definitely make it again! Let me know what you think if you try it!