In the south, banana pudding actually counts as a vegetable. Don’t argue with me, it’s a fact! Years ago a former coworker brought into work the most delicious banana pudding I’d ever tasted in life. It had an ingredient that I never would have guessed belonged in the pudding…sour cream. And ever since, I haven’t made it without it. It adds something special to the taste and you must try it! Before I share the recipe, here’s the finished product. Isn’t she a beauty?!
- 3 bananas (I like more cookies and less bananas)
- 2 large boxes of vanilla pudding
- 1 container of light cool whip
- 1 small container of light sour cream
- 1 box of Nilla Wafers
- Make pudding according to package directions.
- Add container of cool whip and sour cream. Mix together until well blended.
- Slice bananas.
- Alternate between layer of cookies, bananas, and pudding mix. You’ll end with a layer of cookies on top. If you’re feeling fancy, crush some of the cookies on top.
That’s it! Easy peasy. And you are making a lightened up version by using the light cool whip and sour cream. Bonus if you use fat free milk to make the pudding like I do. Calorie count unknown, but I don’t think in terms of dessert that this one is all that bad for you. Definitely try it and report back to let me know how you like it!
Leave a Reply